ADDRESS: The Front Row of Science and Technology Industry, Yuhuan, Taizhou, Zhejiang, China
1. Different structure. The gate valve is more complex than the stop valve and has a large height. The gate valve is shorter and higher than the shut-off valve. In particular, the open gate valve requires a high height space, which should be noted in the case of limited installation space.
2. The sealing surface is different. When the gate valve is opened and closed, the sealing surface of the valve core and the valve seat always contact and rub against each other, so the sealing surface is easy to wear, especially when the valve is close to the closed state, the pressure difference between the valve core and the front is large, and the sealing surface wears more. Serious
When the valve flap of the shut-off valve is in the open state shut-off valve, its valve seat and the valve sealing surface are no longer in contact, so its sealing surface is mechanically worn less, but if the medium contains solid particles, it is easy to damage the seal. surface.
The sealing surface of the gate valve has a certain self-sealing ability, and its valve core is tightly contacted with the sealing surface of the valve seat by the medium pressure, so as to be tight and not leaking. The wedge of the wedge gate valve is generally 3 to 6 degrees, and the spool that is forced to close excessively or has a large temperature change is easily stuck. Therefore, the high-temperature, high-pressure wedge gate valve has taken certain measures to prevent the valve core from being stuck in the structure.
The sealing surface of the shut-off valve must be forced to close the valve to reach the sealing shut-off valve. Under the same caliber, working pressure and the same driving device, the driving torque of the shut-off valve is 2.5~3.5 times of the gate valve. This should be noted when adjusting the torque control mechanism of the electric valve.
The sealing faces of the shut-off valves are only in contact with each other when they are completely closed, and the relative slippage of the forcibly closed spool and the sealing surface is small, so that the wear of the sealing faces is also small. The wear of the sealing surface of the shut-off valve is mostly due to the presence of debris before the valve core and the sealing surface, or due to the tightness of the closed state, resulting in high-speed flushing of the medium.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Daily maintenance of ball valve
- Ball valve advantages
- Ball valve precautions
- Check Valve Category
- The use of angle valve
- Classification of fittings
- Gate valve precautions
- Gate valve installation points
- Ball valve application
- The difference between gate valve a...
- Brass Copper Screw End Lift Type No...
- Forged Steel Screw End Gate Valve